TOTAL ATHLETE PERFORMANCE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Total Athlete Performance Internship Semester and Deadlines:
Fall 2020 I Aug-Dec (due by August 1)
Spring 2021 I Jan-May (due by January 1)
Summer I May-Aug (due by April 1)
Total Athlete Performance Strength and Conditioning Internship Positions
Total Athlete Performance is seeking highly motivated candidates to fill Fall 2020 (August/September to December) UNPAID internship positions. Individuals will gain knowledge and experience assisting our staff primarily in the semi-private and team training environment, for athletes ranging from youth to professional. It may fulfill course credit if necessary.
Student interns must be committed to the field of Strength and Conditioning and be eager to learn and participate in all areas. Each student intern will be responsible for developing a positive rapport with the athletes while maintaining a professional distance. The student intern will learn to establish him or herself as a strength and conditioning professional to not only the athletes but to all parents, coaches, and administrators in GRB academy as well.
Daily responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work 1 on 1 with athletes of multiple sports and ages in small semi-private training groups
- Assist with teams of various sports in the Madison area
- Assist the head strength staff with planning, development, creation, and implementation of client-oriented programs based on evidence-based protocols to enhance the fitness, strength, power, and speed of our clients
- Work with staff on current and future projects to promote growth of the business
- Collaborate with coaches to develop new ideas to continue evolving in the field of strength and conditioning
- Reading articles, books, completing projects and watching DVD/Videos to enhance training knowledge as well as to have professional discussions.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the staff – Administrative duties such as setup and daily maintenance will provide experience in the upkeep of the facility. These duties will increase in intensity as initiative as trust is established between all parties involved
- Learn more about functional strength training, speed development, and more about the strength and conditioning field as a whole
- Be able to adapt and ADD something special to our staff culture
-Currently pursuing bachelors/masters in exercise science or related field
-Certified in CPR/First Aid
-A strong desire to become a Strength and Conditioning Coach and pursuing CSCCa-SCCC and/or NSCA-CSCS certification(s)
Compensation: This is a non-paid volunteer position. You will gain experience as well as the opportunity to learn and grow in the field of Strength & Conditioning.
Applicants must complete the online application and submit a cover letter, resume, and professional reference list in ONE PDF document to Zach Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org